January - March 2014 Book Haul

10:53 PM

I've been thinking to do a book haul post on my blog recently. But I don't do it monthly, well, I'll do it if I feel like it. So here it is!


1. Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy #1) by Kerstin Gier
2. Sapphire Blue (The Ruby Red Trilogy #2) by Kerstin Gier
3. Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy #3) by Kerstin Gier
I'll review this as a trilogy instead of one by one. First time I spotted this series on a bookstore, I didn't interest in reading it at all. Not even try to read the synopsis. Then later I saw so many people read it and saying good things about it so I think why not and well, it's not disappointed at all. In fact I'm blown away. This story is about Gwendolyn who does time travels but never did she ever expect she was the one who had the time travels gen running through her vein. It's been Charlotte, her very annoying cousin, all along. Though I'm kind of overwhelmed by many mentioned years at first but I'm getting used to it time by time. I really enjoyed the travel. The ending is really surprising. Well honestly many surprising things happened in book three. You should give a try! And there's also a movie for this book though it's in German. I really want to watch it but don't know how to find the DVD! Ugh. But oh well.

4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs
First time I spotted this book at a bookstore I thought this book is about ghosts, abandoned house and of course peculiar children, but only in a totally different way. I didn't pick this book right away though. I read reviews and I see many people love this book so I decided to pick this book. turns out it doesn't disappointing at all like any other book with awesome cover sometimes do. But only the story is really unexpected, in a good way. The moment I start to read this book I know I'll love this book. And turns out I was right. Though in the middle of it i'm not sure if I like it or not because I feel like I read 2 different books and that happened when you haven't found out the secrets. But the more you read the more interesting the story will become. At the end, I totally into it and if you love books about time travel then you'll surely love this one too. So yeah if you asked me I will obviously say it is a good book and recommend it to you! Also, the vintage photographs in this book is a plus point to this book! You'll love it.

5. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
I love how realistic things happened in this book. I mean, you don't always get a happy ending. Every YA Fantasy book surely has romance story in it but here in this book you'll find it seems real and not exaggerated at all. Also in this final installment you'll find out about the history behind the faction system and such things. this book will explain all the questions you've been wondering in the first and second books of the trilogy.
And I want to make a confession: I cried in the middle of night when I finished it. I believe most of you also did but I never thought I could cry because I came across a spoiler long time before reading it and i already know how the ending would be like. But for God shake I did cry. And this is extreme because I'm the type of person who almost never cry for fiction. Well done Veronica Roth.

6. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
So heartbreaking. Oh my God it's so heartbreaking. I can't think of anything else right now. I'm so desperate. Anyway I know it's going to break my heart from the first sentence of the book. I'm reading it with heavy weight in my chest. WHY Rainbow Rowell. WHY 
It's about redheaded Eleanor and half-Asian Park. Two misfits. One extraordinary love. When I first found out Park is Asian I'm like WOW! My first ever read with Asian as the major character. (PS: I'm Asian).

7. Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga #3) by Colleen Houck
This one is probably my favorite of the series so far (i haven't read the 4th one). It kinda bored me at first but the more i read it, the more intense it gets. So much happening in this book. I become so invested in Kelsey, Ren and Kishan's lives that their pain become my pain. Ren annoyed me so much in the beginning, being bossy at Kelsey though I know that's because he loves her but still... I love him though. and Kishan, I really really love him. I don't even know what to expect, who to ship. He's so gentle, full of patience, and never compulsive. He loves Kelsey just the way she is *SWOON*
I want to cry in the middle of the book to the ending. This book captured my heart and leave speechless. don't know what to say, what to think. AND THE ENDING. WHY COLLEEN HOUCK? She leaves me wondering with broken heart (just like she does with all her books) of what will happen next! That's the thing about the ending, you'll get so desperate to find out what happen next. But you have to wait for eternity to find out what happen next.
This book give me so much feels. Heartbroken, funny, upset, annoyed, all I feel at the same time. And I learn to love Kelsey character thoughout the book. I usually don't really like the main character. I have some that i love though but mostly I don't. And now I'm dying to read the 4th book. Oh dont forget to mention the 5th book probably come out next year. FEELS LIKE FOREVER.

8. The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
HOLY SMOKES! I LOVE LOOVEEE THIS BOOK SOOO FREAKING MUCH! Such a delightful yet terrifying read! I really enjoy this big book! I'm blown away! From the first line I read I know I'll love this book. Every pages filled with twist. It makes you hungry for informations. Everything about The Diviners screams "Perfection!". Pos-i-tute-ly swell! It's beautifully written with sharp dialogue that smacked of 1920s lingo. And the plot really got me. I love how the story didn't rush. Honestly I don't see this as heavy read at all. I wish it were longer. Don't be discouraged by the number of pages because it goes by swiftly. Though this book is really creepy but it also fill with humors. So one second you were laughing out loud and the next second you want to hide under your bed.
Aside from that the characters in this book were wonderful too. Evie was a complex person. A drinking flapper, trouble seeker, outspoken, but is so funny. The selfishness and charm of her character make her a flawed but also makes her a likeable person. And she's different from most YA books' heroines. She's not weak and I love that about her the most. And there is Sam, so flattering and funny just like Evie. I see him and Evie as a perfect match. But there's also this mysterious Jericho. So formal and clumsy but there's secret hidden within it. Theta, such a very cool girl with dark past. Henry, loving and gentle. I love how the book tell from many point of views so we could understand them better!
I think Libba Bray has done a perfect job with this book. It made me want me to become a flapper, dance to jazz, party in speakeasies. It also made me afraid to walk in my house at night.
This is one of the best books I have ever read. Period. I heard there's a sequel coming out really soon! I'm so excited!



So, those are the books I've read from January to March 2014. I love all of them! Each books gave me different feeling. Like, Allegiant and Eleanor & Park made me desperate, and others made me feel like a detective together we break the mystery!

And don't forget to check out my Goodreads page and add me as a friend if you got one! Because I updated about everything books there! Books I'm currently reading, to-be-read books, reviews and stuff.

You Might Also Like

0 Coment

Powered by Blogger.