My Top 10 Favorite Action Movies

8:20 PM


Hi peeps! I haven't do a movie/book recommendation for so long and I missed sharing with you guys my favorite movies/books! So on this post, I'll share my top 10 favorite action movies that I really love and some I can't even get over with!


Note that most of them are very popular so you probably have watch or heard of them. So here we go.

10. The Recruit (2003)


Synopsis:
James Clayton is one of the top prospects in the new crop of CIA recruits. His intelligence and unconventional attitude attract the attention of veteran Walter Burke who squires him through the Agency's difficult training courses and helps him to quickly rise through the ranks. Clayton is then given a special assignment, to root out a suspected mole that has infiltrated the Agency.

Review:
I first watched this movie when I was very young and I still remember thinking how hot Colin Farrell was here (don't mind me). I watched it again for the second time some years ago and I remember how the ending shocked me. I was thinking how amazing this movie is back then because of the plot twist. Colin Farrell's acting is outstanding and that is one of the reasons this movie is worth watching. I mean, even Colin's face makes it worth watching.


9. Charlie's Angels (2000)


Synopsis:
A trio of elite private investigators armed with the latest in high-tech tools, high-performance vehicles, martial arts techniques and an array of disguises unleash their state-of-the-art skills on land, sea and air to track down a kidnapped billionaire-to-be and keep his top-secret voice-identification software out of lethal hands. They're beautiful, they're brilliant, and they work for Charlie

Review:
Another childhood memory. As a kid I've always wanted to be one of these girls. I will do crazy stunts on my bed after watching the movie because damn. I'm sure most of you have watched this movie because it was so popular and played on TVs every year. I watched this movie so many times and I never stop loving it. I love the idea of girls being damn bad-ass and slaying the bad guys. Even though some people think "dude, that is impossible, there's no way a girl can beat dozens of those bodyguards' asses" or "this movie is so unrealistic", let me tell you something; movies are made for entertaining, it doesn't have to be realistic. If you're looking for a realistic movie, then go watch a freaking biography movie. This movie is followed by the sequel Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003).


8. Dead Man Down (2013)


Synopsis:
Rising gangland player Victor infiltrates the criminal empire run by Alphonse, but his aim is not to accumulate prestige and power. Instead, Victor's mission is to make Alphonse pay for destroying his once-happy life. Victor's machinations have not gone unnoticed; Beatrice, his neighbor, watches and waits. When she uncovers Victor's secret, she threatens to expose him unless he helps her carry out her own campaign of revenge.

Review:
Oh look, another Colin Farrell movie. The movie is a revenge thriller, and also a compelling love story. The characters and story are strongly developed and very compelling. Here. if you're looking for more realistic action movie, I'll recommend you this one. The story in this movie felt real, instead of feeling like a commercial/stunt/SFX reel.


7. Red (2010)


Synopsis:
Former CIA black-ops agent Frank Moses and his old partner, Marvin Boggs, are caught in the grip of retirement -- but that soon changes when a powerful Cold War weapon known as Nightshade resurfaces decades after its disappearance. With assassins hot on their trail, Frank and his team set out to find the one scientist, who can unravel the mystery of Nightshade and help them save themselves -- and the world.

Review:
I always love an action movie with a sense of humor but still bad-ass af. This movie is one of it. Really interesting mix of genres here, think action/comedy/romance rolled up into one. Just enough romance without being sappy, heaps of action to keep it exciting and the occasional comedy touches which had the whole audience laughing out loud. All these old peeps who were former CIA-the best ones-reunited because they are threaten that somebody is after them, somebody wanted them dead. Anyway RED stands for "Retired, Extremely Dangerous". Also, there are part 2 of the movie, which you totally need to check out after watching the first movie.


6. Salt (2010)


Synopsis:
When Evelyn Salt became a CIA officer, she swore an oath to duty, honor and country. But, when a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy, Salt's oath is put to the test. Now a fugitive, Salt must use every skill gained from years of training and experience to evade capture, but the more she tries to prove her innocence, the more guilty she seems.

Review:
From all the name they could give her, why Salt? And why the movie title should be Salt? It gets confusing when you were a kid and thought the movie was about salt the seasoning. Anyway, like Charlie's Angels, people also thought this movie is unrealistic. I wouldn't even want to talk further about that matter. This kind of movie with girl hero (heroine) is always fun to watch and empowering woman. Angelina Jolie is also badass af, as she always does. Whether in movie or real life, she slays. The only thing that doesn't add up to me is the ending. WTH? What happened next? You can't leave us like that and doesn't making any sequels!


5. Kill Bill: Vol 1 (2003) & Kill Bill: Vol 2 (2004)

Watch trailer here (Vol 1) (Vol 2) | IMDb page (Vol 1) (Vol 2)

Synopsis:
A former assassin, known simply as The Bride, wakes from a coma four years after her jealous ex-lover Bill attempts to murder her on her wedding day. Fueled by an insatiable desire for revenge, she vows to get even with every person who contributed to the loss of her unborn child, her entire wedding party, and four years of her life. After devising a hit list, The Bride sets off on her quest, enduring unspeakable injury and unscrupulous enemies.

Review:
The reason I put both vol 1 and vol 2 together is because you can't just watch the first one without the second one. I freaking love this movie, and you can tell because it gets to Top 5. Enough with all guns and shots, the weapon used here by the main character is Katana. There are so many slicing here. Aha. Like for real though, there are so many blood and gore but I still think this movie is awesome because just so you know I hate gore movies. Different case for this one.


4. Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)


Synopsis:
Gary "Eggsy" Unwin, whose late father secretly worked for a spy organization, lives in a South London housing estate and seems headed for a life behind bars. However, dapper agent Harry Hart recognizes potential in the youth and recruits him to be a trainee in the secret service. Meanwhile, villainous Richmond Valentine launches a diabolical plan to solve the problem of climate change via a worldwide killing spree.

Review: 
Quintessentially British, hilariously funny, brutally violent. This movie is fantastic and hilarious! The lines in this movie gives me a good big laugh like I've never laugh in my life. Another great action comedy movie but a very violent comedy! The shots of the "martial art" action that should make the Matrix jealous. Plus it supported with cool tech-stuff.


3. London Has Fallen (2016)


Synopsis:
After the death of the British prime minister, the world's most powerful leaders gather in London to pay their respects. Without warning, terrorists unleash a devastating attack that leaves the city in chaos and ruins. Secret Service agent Mike Banning springs into action to bring U.S. President Benjamin Asher to safety. When Asher falls into the hands of the sinister organization, it's up to Banning to save his commander in chief from a horrible fate.

Review:
This movie is actually the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen (2013), and its preceded is also a great movie, both action-packed. This movie is all action and I was like oh God, did you guys even stop to take a breath? Like when the buildings are falling I was on my seat like "WOAH DUDE, JUST WOAH". If you guys love action movies that are all actions, this one's for you. Why I prefer the sequel to put here is because it's the recent one I've watch and I love so much (I also love the first one but I merely remember a thing or two, I only remember I love it).


2. Now You See Me (2013)


Synopsis:
Charismatic magician Atlas leads a team of talented illusionists called the Four Horsemen. Atlas and his comrades mesmerize audiences with a pair of amazing magic shows that drain the bank accounts of the corrupt and funnel the money to audience members. A federal agent and an Interpol detective intend to rein in the Horsemen before their next caper, and they turn to Thaddeus, a famous debunker, for help.

Review:
The love I have for this movie is huge, man. It has a lot of wit, clever plot, suspense, magic, humor, twists, and action. But FYI, this is a different kind of action movie than the previous ones I mentioned, it doesn't involve much gun-using or hand-to-hand combat, but there are much running and magic (obviously). It's actually more into the Crime genre. But I feel the need to include it here. The acting was great and I really liked the characters. If you guys don't like magic such movie, you still have to watch this movie. Because frankly, I wasn't interested at first, I mean, even the title isn't that intriguing for me. But long story short, I watched it and I fell in love. Oh and don't forget to watch the second installment, Now You See Me 2, if you have already finished this one!


1. Fast Five (2011)


Synopsis:
Ever since ex-cop Brian O'Conner and Mia Torretto broke her brother Dom out of custody, they've traveled border to border to evade authorities. In Rio de Janeiro, they must do one final job before they can gain their freedom for good. Assembling their elite team of car racers, Brian and Dom know they must confront the corrupt businessman who wants them dead, before the federal agent on their trail finds them.

Review:
HERE IT IS! My most favorite movie series of all time, Fast & Furious! Why did I say movie series? Because I love all the movies in the series. But then why I choose to put Fast Five here instead? Because it's where the story started to get really interesting (followed by Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015). It's also where the gang members are growing and started to go international. Shit just got real. These last 3 movies in the series are my most favorite. I enjoy literally every second of it. Literally. I would've put all 3 here but that would't be fair.
The film starts off with a bang and ends with a post-ending that will make you grin from ear to ear. This series is really about two things: fast cars and furious action, and this movie provides both on a large scale. High speed highway chases, big time shootouts, and some excellent hand-to-hand combat are all in full effect (there are more hand-to-hand combat in Fast & Furious 6! And an actor from my country also starred there). They really were exciting and entertaining action and very well choreographed. The cars and other vehicles in the movie are fast paced and never leave a dull moment where something is dragged out. I honestly had to sit in contemplative amazement for few minutes after watching this film just to digest how well it was done.
 I even have a post fully dedicated to Furious 7 (here's the link if you want to read it), because at the time, the world is shocked with Paul Walker's death and I was just wanted to make a post specifically about the last movie he will be in of the Fast & Furious series. I share about my excitement for the movie, and my despair of his death.

You Might Also Like

0 Coment

Powered by Blogger.